you will find here the most common cryptocurrency-related words but it’s difficult to understand for new crypto lovers. so please find a short cryptocurrency dictionary here.
- Airdrop – A marketing campaign that distributes a specific cryptocurrency coin or token to an audience.
- ATH – The highest price that a cryptocurrency has been in history.
- Altcoin – As Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that captured the world’s imagination and all other coins were used termed altcoins (alternative coins)
- Bagholder – A person who holds large quantities of a cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin ATM (BTM) – A machine where you can withdraw bitcoin.
- Block Explorer – An online tool to view all transactions that has taken place on the blockchain.
- Blockchain – A blockchain is a continuously growing, append-only, list of records called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.
- Bots – Automated trading software that executes trade orders extremely quickly, based on a preset algorithm.
- Burned – Cryptocurrency tokens or coins are considered “burned” when they have been purposely and permanently removed from circulation supply.
- Cold Storage – Offline storage of cryptocurrencies, typically involving hardware non-custodial wallets, USBs, offline computers, mobile or paper wallets.
- DeFi – Decentralized finance (defi) is the creation of an ecosystem of financial tools built on the blockchain.
- Decentralized Exchange (DEX) – A peer-to-peer exchange that allows users to buy and sell cryptocurrency and other assets without a central intermediary involved.
- ERC-20 – A token standard for Ethereum, used for smart contracts implementing tokens. It is a common list of rules defining interactions between tokens, including transfer between addresses and data access.
- ERC-721 – A token standard for non-fungible Ethereum tokens. it enables smart contracts to operate as tradeable tokens similar to ERC-20 tokens.
- Gas Price – A term used on the Ethereum platform that refers to the price you are willing to pay for a transaction. Setting a higher gas price will incentivize miners to prioritize that transaction over others.
- HODL – A type of passive investment strategy where you hold an investment for a long period of time, regardless of any changes in the price or markets. The term first became famous due to a typo made in a Bitcoin forum.
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO) – Crowdfunding using cryptocurrencies as a means of raising capital for early-stage companies. It has come under fire due to the occurrence of scams and market manipulators.
- Masternodes – Masternode is a server maintained by its owner, somewhat like full nodes, but with additional functionalities such as anonymizing transactions, clearing transactions, and participating in governance and voting. It was initially popularized by Dash to reward owners of these servers for maintaining a service for the blockchain.
- Mining – A process where blocks are added to a blockchain, verifying transactions.
- Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) – Cryptocurrencies that do not possess the property of fungibility.
- Peer to Peer (P2P) – The decentralized interactions between parties in a distributed network.
- Yield Farming – Yield farming involves earning interest by investing crypto in decentralized finance markets.
You will found more basic cryptocurrency releted details on CMC
If you are new in the crypto field then open your account with the best exchange Binance and if you belong to India you also open your account with wazirX. and if you want to investment idea for a good return to you in 2021 please read this blog.